The Missouri Conservation Commission set season dates and limits for the 2016-2017 fall deer season and gave initial approval to several deer-hunting regulation changes proposed by the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) at the Commission’s Aug. 19 meeting in Jefferson City.
Approved changes to fall deer season structure for 2016-2017 include:
- Maintain current timing of the November portion and reduce the length from 11 to 9 days.
- Expand the late youth portion to three days beginning the first Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Reduce the length of the antlerless portion from 12 to 3 days and begin on the first Friday in December.
- Eliminate the urban zones portion.
Proposed regulation changes to fall deer season structure for 2016-2017 include:
- Allow crossbows as a legal method during the archery deer and turkey seasons.
- Allow the use of crossbows during the fall firearms turkey season.
- Reduce the limit of antlered deer from 3 to 2 during the combined archery and firearms deer hunting season, with no more than one antlered deer taken during the firearms deer hunting season.
- Remove the hunting method exemption requirement related to crossbows.
2016-2017 DEER HUNTING SEASON DATES
- Sept. 15-Nov. 11, 2016 and
- Nov. 21, 2016-Jan. 15, 2017
- Early Youth Portion: Oct. 29-30, 2016
- November Portion: Nov. 12-20, 2016
- Late Youth Portion: Nov. 25-27, 2016
- Antlerless Portion: Dec. 2-4, 2016
- Alternative Methods Portion: Dec. 24, 2016-Jan. 3, 2017
Visit official website for more information: http://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/commission-approves-changes-2016-2017-deer-regulations